Författare Ämne: Olof Björner  (läst 508 gånger)

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Olof Björner
« skrivet: 13 februari, 2023, 15:26:14 »
Sad news...

Hello everyone,

I have Olof's wife's permission to share with you the unfortunate news that Olof has been hospitalized since December 4th with some brain bleeding due to a medical condition. He has been disoriented and his road to recovery will be long and, ultimately, the extent of his return to health is unknown.

I have been in communication with his wife these past couple months, but we thought it a good idea now to share the news with the Dylan community because some people may not know why he has not corresponded with them. Also, of course, we hope that you can pray for him, think good thoughts for his recovery, and/or otherwise participate in a general good will hoping for the recovery of our dear friend.

For those of you interested, we have the Still on the Road files for 2022 finished and I have the 2022 Chronicle (titled "Philosopher Pirate") Calendar finished. However, even though I have been helping Olof out for five years or so with these files, I do not have access or a means to post updates on the website; it has always been Olof who pushed the button.

Of course, with his condition, this is hardly the primary concern right now...I simply thought I would let you all know. Thanks.

Fy fan, hjärnblödning är verkligen ingen lek, men jag hoppas att Olof repar sig!

Vet inte hur många tusen gånger jag har besökt hans sidor...

Stiil On The Road

The Yearly Chronicles

About Bob
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Leif

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4238
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Olof Björner
« Svar #1 skrivet: 14 februari, 2023, 17:23:33 »
Ja, jag läste också de tråkiga nyheterna. Mycket trist!
Hans arbete för the Dylan community över hela världen är ju helt ovärderligt.
Det är bara att hoppas att han kan komma tillbaka.

The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein seen.
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6016
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #2 skrivet: 13 september, 2023, 16:57:25 »
Olof avled på kvällen den 12 september 2023, 80 år gammal. Världen har förlorat en bra karl och Dylanvärlden en mycket viktig insamlare av information, som i årtionden sammanställt all tillgänglig information om vad Dylan spelat live och i studion.
För min egen del blev jag bekant med hans verk för ca 30 år sedan, genom utskrifter av de årskrönikor han sammanställt för alla år sedan 1960 och lagt ut på den dåvarande versionen av det världsvida nätet. På senare år har årskrönikorna kanske lite fallit i glömska, men jag konsulterar regelbundet hans "Still on the road"-sida:
https://www.bjorner.com/still.htm
Jag kan inte påstå att jag kände honom väl, men vi träffades ett antal gånger under årens lopp och det var alltid trevligt. Han är i ljust minne bevarad.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 skrivet: 13 september, 2023, 23:31:09 »
Så sorgligt :-(

Eyolf minns "The Tireless Chronicler"
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!