Författare Ämne: Workingman's Blues #2  (läst 1669 gånger)

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Workingman's Blues #2
« skrivet: 15 december, 2006, 17:31:46 »
Alltså, jag är fortfarande helt knäckt över den här låten. Den är så förbaskat bra; melodin, texten och framförallt sången.

Åhhh, saknar egentligen ord.  :d2:

Det jag först drabbades av var helt klart melodin, som är så storslagen, vacker och hypnotisk.
Och nånstans fanns det nåt lite vagt bekant med den som jag inte kunde sätta fingret på, då.

Men, så häromdan när jag hörde (den gamla slagdängan) Canon in D major föll så bitarna på plats.  :d5:

Så här skriver man på Wikipedia:
Citera
It was written in or around 1680, during the Baroque period, as a piece of chamber music for three violins and basso continuo, but has since been arranged for a wide variety of ensembles. The Canon was originally paired with a gigue in the same key, although this composition is rarely performed or recorded today. It is well known for its chord progression which has become one of the most used in popular music.

Det finns även ett par oggfiler (stråkversionen är bäst) att lyssna på om man följer länken ovan och scrollar längst ned.
Där kan man även läsa vilka artister som har lånat ackordföljden, och... ja, Dylan står med  :party:

Så, det verkar ju inte vara nån nyhet direkt, men för mig var det här iallafall en härlig "upptäckt". Har kört Johann Pachelbels gamla kanon på repeat ett bra tag nu. Vilken underbart vacker melodi  :party:

1680, snacka om "Modern Times"  :mellow:
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad cipher_pipe

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 267
    • MSN Messenger - cipher_pipe@hotmail.com
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Workingman's Blues #2
« Svar #1 skrivet: 15 december, 2006, 17:44:43 »
Ah, indeed. It is a tremendously beautiful melody. But there's nothing to be ashamed of, even the Beatles used the progression repeatedly (let's see, Hey Jude, Let It Be, A Day In the Life, For No One, Something... only to name a few). The ones that remember the old English band Slade know they built their career on it. And of course there is the unforgettable Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum... which is the modern Canon in D.

Though it's not really plagiarism, the progression is so simple...

At any rate, can only agree on Workingman's Blues, one of his best efforts, I dare say. Who was it that said he ought to have retired in 1989?
"For it is the mad that survive in the end" - I said that