Författare Ämne: Neil Young  (läst 84131 gånger)

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6016
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
SV: Neil Young
« Svar #270 skrivet: 07 mars, 2018, 11:13:23 »
Neil Young medverkar i en film kallad Paradox, regisserad av Daryl Hannah. Den har fått beskrivningen "futuristic, free-form frontier tone poem" och ska ha premiär under The SSXW Film Festival i Austin den 15 mars.
20 april släpps en soundtrackskiva, där Neil Young har hjälp av Promise of the Real.
Låtlista:

1. MANY MOONS AGO IN THE FUTURE
2. SHOW ME
3. PARADOX PASSAGE 1
4. HEY
5. PARADOX PASSAGE 2
6. DIGGIN' IN THE DIRT – CHORUS
7. PARADOX PASSAGE 3
8. PEACE TRAIL
9. POCAHONTAS
10. COWGIRL JAM
11. ANGEL FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE GROUND
12. PARADOX PASSAGE 4
13. DIGGIN’ IN THE DIRT
14. PARADOX PASSAGE 5
15. RUNNING TO THE SILVER EAGLE
16. BABY WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO?
17. PARADOX PASSAGE 6
18. OFFERINGS
19. HOW LONG?
20. HAPPY TOGETHER
21. TUMBLEWEED
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad bobi

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 2127
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #272 skrivet: 24 mars, 2018, 18:11:37 »
Senaste plattan råsågad i DN, dagens datum.

Utloggad lundell

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 494
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #273 skrivet: 08 maj, 2018, 19:45:48 »
Så rullar Neil Young och Crazy Horse (förstärkta av Nils Lofgren) på igen. Long May They Run!

http://bestclassicbands.com/neil-young-crazy-horse-opening-night-5-2-18/

Utloggad Hibbitt

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1671
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #274 skrivet: 15 maj, 2018, 14:44:23 »
Fantastiskt sound, det där TtN-soundet. Slirigt piano, Ben Keiths steel, Youngs sköra 73-röst i all sin glory.
Jättebra ny skiva.  :d2:

The Roxy Theater concert was recorded during a run from September 20 to 22, 1973. Young explains how Roxy - Tonight's the Night Live came to be:
"In 1973, I drove my 1947 Buick Roadmaster, Black Queen, to LA from the North, accompanied by Ben Keith. Once we made it to Hollywood, we met up with Billy Talbot and Ralph Molina. Nils Lofgren joined us and we drove to Studio Instrument Rentals on Santa Monica Blvd.
David Briggs, producer, and Johnny Talbot, equipment manager, met us there. They had blasted a hole in the wall to connect the green board which we had set up (an old tube board I had purchased that had been used recording many historic sessions from the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds to Monterey Pop Festival, among many others) next to the rehearsal hall. Our 16-track analog tape machine was set up next to the board.
We had finished recording TTN and decided to celebrate with a gig at a new club opening on the Sunset Strip, the ROXY. We went there and recorded for a few nights, opening the ROXY. We really knew the Tonight's the Night songs so we just played them again, the album, top to bottom, two sets a night for a few days. We had a great time.
ROXY -Tonight's the Night Live is the live recording we made. There is a little Super 8 footage of us driving to the gig in the Black Queen one of those nights."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/review-neil-youngs-roxy-tonights-the-night-live-w519455
...and if you hear vague traces of skippin' reels of rhyme to your tambourine in time...

Utloggad Leif

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4238
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #275 skrivet: 15 maj, 2018, 23:28:27 »
Fantastiskt sound, det där TtN-soundet. Slirigt piano, Ben Keiths steel, Youngs sköra 73-röst i all sin glory.
Jättebra ny skiva.  :d2:

The Roxy Theater concert was recorded during a run from September 20 to 22, 1973. Young explains how Roxy - Tonight's the Night Live came to be:
"In 1973, I drove my 1947 Buick Roadmaster, Black Queen, to LA from the North, accompanied by Ben Keith. Once we made it to Hollywood, we met up with Billy Talbot and Ralph Molina. Nils Lofgren joined us and we drove to Studio Instrument Rentals on Santa Monica Blvd.
David Briggs, producer, and Johnny Talbot, equipment manager, met us there. They had blasted a hole in the wall to connect the green board which we had set up (an old tube board I had purchased that had been used recording many historic sessions from the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds to Monterey Pop Festival, among many others) next to the rehearsal hall. Our 16-track analog tape machine was set up next to the board.
We had finished recording TTN and decided to celebrate with a gig at a new club opening on the Sunset Strip, the ROXY. We went there and recorded for a few nights, opening the ROXY. We really knew the Tonight's the Night songs so we just played them again, the album, top to bottom, two sets a night for a few days. We had a great time.
ROXY -Tonight's the Night Live is the live recording we made. There is a little Super 8 footage of us driving to the gig in the Black Queen one of those nights."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/review-neil-youngs-roxy-tonights-the-night-live-w519455

Yes. Det här är seriöst bra grejer. Väldigt starkt. Från en mycket kreativ period med nerverna på utsidan.

The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein seen.
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #276 skrivet: 27 februari, 2019, 09:29:29 »
Det blir en sommarturné med Promise of the real i Europa. Inga spelningar i vår omedelbara närhet har tillkännagivits, men dessa datum blev officiella häromdagen (utöver spelningarna med Dylan i London och Kilkenny):
Dresden 2 juli
Berlin 3 juli
Mannheim 5 juli
München 6 juli
Antwerpen 9 juli
Amsterdam 10 juli

-Homer Simpson