Författare Ämne: Bob Dylan 2021  (läst 3534 gånger)

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Bob Dylan 2021
« skrivet: 12 december, 2020, 16:44:48 »
Vad kan vi vänta oss under 2021?

Ny turné verkar avlägset i dagsläget, möjligen till hösten om vaccinet får väntad effekt.

I slutet av januari är det 60 år sedan Dylan anlände till New York, kanske det kommer att uppmärksammas på nåt sätt?
Det har ju ryktats om en volym i The Bootleg Series med namnet “The Villager” som skulle täcka Dylans första tid när han spelade på caféer:
While nothing is confirmed, the singer’s team is most excited at a future Bootleg Series spotlighting his pre-fame days as a coffeehouse performer in New York’s Greenwich Village. “We’ve wanted to do a Bootleg Series on Bob’s earliest performances for a long time,” says a source close to the Bob Dylan camp. “For decades we’ve been collecting tapes from the time before he began making official recordings. I think it would be really interesting to go through those. We’ll probably call it something like “The Villager.” Recordings from his era have been circulating within fan circles for decades, most notably a trio of tapes that Dylan’s girlfriend Bonnie Beecher and his friend Tony Glover created between May and December of 1961. The vast majority of songs in his set at the time were covers like “Baby Please Don’t Go,” “I Ain’t Go No Home” and “Man of Constant Sorrow.” “We have some beautiful-sounding tapes that nobody has ever heard,” says the source. “Or if they have, we have first generation tapes.”

Sen fyller Dylan 80 år i maj, det kommer förmodligen inte att gå spårlöst förbi. Det kommer förmodligen släppas böcker och skrivas en hel del om honom. I april släpper Clinton Heylin en ny bok som behandlar åren 1941-1966, A Restless Hungry Feeling: The Double Life of Bob Dylan Vol. 1: 1941-1966. Heylin har besökt Dylans arkiv i Tulsa flera gånger så det är väl en uppdaterad version av hans Behind The Shades.

Klart är i alla fall att Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese släpps på DVD/Blu-Ray 19 januari.

Vad har ni för förhoppningar och önskningar på 2021?
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Neverendingfan

• A Friend To The Poor
  • Antal inlägg: 139
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Bob Dylan 2021
« Svar #1 skrivet: 14 december, 2020, 11:52:40 »
I dessa tider är jag glad om Dylan bara undviker Liemannen!
Turné , eller ett nytt album, känns avlägset....även om det vore fantastiskt med ytterligare ett mästerverk a' Rough and rowdy ways!
Vi får hoppas på Bootleg Series! Själv skulle jag föredra tiden kring Infidels, som det väl också surrats en del om!?

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #2 skrivet: 16 december, 2020, 10:45:26 »
I dessa tider är jag glad om Dylan bara undviker Liemannen!
Turné , eller ett nytt album, känns avlägset....även om det vore fantastiskt med ytterligare ett mästerverk a' Rough and rowdy ways!
Vi får hoppas på Bootleg Series! Själv skulle jag föredra tiden kring Infidels, som det väl också surrats en del om!?

Ja, Infidels har det ju också ryktats om ett tag. Får se vad de blir.

En annan grej är ju att Dylanarkivet i Tulsa öppnar för allmänheten under 2021, får se vad de hittar på  :d5:
The Institute for Bob Dylan Studies @utulsa  is putting together a virtual event in May. 
We'll have more details at the start of the new year! For now, mark those calendars and keep an eye on our website and social media.

« Senast ändrad: 16 december, 2020, 13:55:05 av Anders S »

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 skrivet: 09 februari, 2021, 22:42:58 »
Clinton Heylins A Restless Hungry Feeling: The Double Life of Bob Dylan Vol. 1: 1941-1966 finns nu att beställa på bl.a. Adlibris, släpps i april  :d5:

Citera
The definitive biography of one contemporary culture's most iconic and mysterious figures - musical revolutionary, Nobel Prize-winner, chart-topping recording artist

In 2016 it was announced that Bob Dylan had sold his personal archive to the George Kaiser Foundation in Tulsa, Oklahoma, reportedly for $22 million. As the boxes started to arrive, the Foundation asked Clinton Heylin - author of the acclaimed Bob Dylan: Behind the Shades and 'perhaps the world's authority on all things Dylan' (Rolling Stone) - to assess the material they had been given. What he found in Tulsa - as well as what he gleaned from other papers he had recently been given access to by Sony and the Dylan office - so changed his understanding of the artist, especially of his creative process, that he became convinced that a whole new biography was needed. It turns out that much of what previous biographers - Dylan himself included - have said is wrong; often as not, a case of, Print the Legend.

With fresh and revealing information on every page A Restless, Hungry Feeling tells the story of Dylan's meteoric rise to fame: his arrival in early 1961 in New York, where he is embraced by the folk scene; his elevation to spokesman of a generation whose protest songs provide the soundtrack for the burgeoning Civil Rights movement; his alleged betrayal when he 'goes electric' at Newport in 1965; his subsequent controversial world tour with a rock 'n' roll band; and the recording of his three undisputed electric masterpieces: Bringing it All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde on Blonde. At the peak of his fame in July 1966 he reportedly crashes his motorbike in Woodstock, upstate New York, and disappears from public view. When he re-emerges, he looks different, his voice sounds different, his songs are different. That other story will be told in Volume 2, to be published in autumn 2022.

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 skrivet: 09 februari, 2021, 22:55:06 »

Ytterligare en bok släpps i april/maj. Det är Dylanarkivet i Tulsa som ligger bakom den  :party:

Bob Dylan has helped transform music, literature, pop culture, and even politics. The World of Bob Dylan chronicles a lifetime of creative invention that has made a global impact. Leading rock and pop critics and music scholars address themes and topics central to Dylan’s life and work: the Blues, his religious faith, Civil Rights, Gender, Race, and American and World literature. Incorporating a rich array of new archival material from never before accessed archives, The World of Bob Dylan offers a comprehensive, uniquely informed and wholly fresh account of the songwriter, artist, filmmaker, and Nobel Laureate whose unique voice has permanently reshaped our cultural landscape.

“What a great start to the ‘archive phase’ of the ongoing Bob Dylan conversation. This is the Dylan Studies we all need in place of windy honorifics or sweeping dismissals of whole aspects of the phenomenon. In their place, a series of core samples into the materials at hand. The splendidly divergent chapters in this collection reverberate much as the different aspects of Dylan’s career cast glints of meaning, one to the next.”

– Jonathan Lethem

Table of Contents

Introduction: Sean Latham

I. Creative Life:
1. A Chronology of Bob Dylan’s Life Kevin Dettmar and Sean Latham
2. The Biographies Andrew Muir
3. Songwriting Sean Latham
4. The Singles: A Playlist for Framing Dylan’s Recording Art Keith Negus

II. Musical Contexts:
5. Folk Music Ronald D. Cohen
6. The Blues: ‘Kill Everybody Ever Done Me Wrong’ Greil Marcus
7. Gospel Music Gayle Wald
8. Country Music: Dylan, Cash, and the Projection of Authenticity Leigh H. Edwards
9. Rock Music Ira Wells
10. Roots Music: Born in a Basement Kim Ruehl
11. The Great American Songbook: ‘Better Duck Down the [Tin Pan] Alley Way, Lookin’ for a New Friend’ Larry Starr

III. Cultural Contexts:
12. American Literature Florence Dore
13. World Literature Anne-Marie Mai
14. The Beats Steven Belletto
15. Theatre Damian A. Carpenter
16. Visual Arts: Goya’s Kiss Raphael Falco
17. Borrowing Kevin Dettmar
18. Judaism: Saturnine Melancholy and Dylan’s Jewish Gnosis Elliot R. Wolfson
19. Christianity: An Exegesis of Modern Times Andrew McCarron

IV. Political Contexts:
20. The Civil Rights Movement Will Kaufman
21. The Counterculture Michael J. Kramer
22. Gender and Sexuality: Bob Dylan’s Body Ann Powers
23. Justice Lisa O’Neill-SandersV. Reception and Legacy:
24. The Bob Dylan Brand Devon Powers
25. The Nobel Prize: The Dramaturgy of Consecration James F. English
26. Stardom and Fandom David R. Shumway
27. The Bob Dylan Archive® Mark Davidson.

Edited by Sean Latham, University of Tulsa
    Publisher: Cambridge University Press
    Expected online publication date: April 2021
    Print publication year: 2021

Online ISBN: 9781108583398

Utloggad Neverendingfan

• A Friend To The Poor
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 skrivet: 11 februari, 2021, 07:24:54 »
Är det någon som har koll på eventuellt firande, vid 80-årsdagen?

Lär ju se annorlunda ut, pga pandemin.
Jag har inte sett några uppgifter på hyllingskonserter, etc, på svensk mark, i alla fall! 🤔

Någon annan, som sett något? 🙂

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 skrivet: 11 februari, 2021, 16:03:27 »
Är det någon som har koll på eventuellt firande, vid 80-årsdagen?

Lär ju se annorlunda ut, pga pandemin.
Jag har inte sett några uppgifter på hyllingskonserter, etc, på svensk mark, i alla fall! 🤔

Någon annan, som sett något? 🙂

Inte mer än detta:

In May 2021, Bob Dylan will mark the eighth decade of his extraordinary life and career.  To celebrate this event, the University of Tulsa Institute for Bob Dylan Studies will host a three-day virtual symposium to both reflect on his work and look ahead to what it will mean for new generations of fans and scholars.  The event will span countries and time zones in order to welcome work by emerging and established voices alike.  Particular attention will be paid to the power of archives and to the role that the Bob Dylan Archive® in Tulsa can play in helping us better understand Dylan’s music, his sweeping cultural influence, and his tireless work as a performer, artist, activist, and songwriter.

The symposium will feature fifteen live-streamed sessions designed to bring together teachers, journalists, researchers, podcasters, fans, and performers from around the world.  They will be built around panels, roundtables, and interviews designed to create a sense of lively interaction with conference participants.  In addition, the event will offer several social breakout sessions designed to provide registered attendees a chance to gather informally and create some sense of connection in this period of physical distancing.

Dylan @ 80 will also celebrate the publication of several new Dylan-focused projects, books, and films.  This includes a special launch event for The World of Bob Dylan, an early initiative of the Dylan Institute that gathers together the work of 25 critics and scholars in order to launch what Jonathan Lethem calls “the Dylan Studies we all need.”

The Dylan @ 80 symposium is hosted by the Institute for Bob Dylan Studies in partnership with the Bob Dylan Archive® and the Uses of Literature initiative at the University of Southern Denmark.  Generous financial assistance has been provided by University of Tulsa, the George Kaiser Family Foundation, and Sherry and Neil Zimmerman.

Details about the program will be released in the coming weeks as will information about registration fees and membership in the Dylan Institute. Keep an eye on the Institute’s website and Facebook page for additional details about registration, events, and more.

Det lär nog dyka upp fler varianter på firande, säkert videobaserade.
Har inte sett/hört något om nåt svenskt firande, ännu :party:

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 skrivet: 23 februari, 2021, 20:51:58 »
En bok till som släppts i vår  :ph34r:
Dead Straight Guides: Bob Dylan av Nigel Williamson  :d2:

Publication Date: May 2021

Brand new edition including Rough and Rowdy Ways.
Illustrated in colour throughout and featuring a full biography and every album reviewed and pictured in colour

Bob Dylan once declared “I have no respect for factual knowledge. I don’t care what anybody knows.” And he has often attempted to confuse and mislead with a stream of misinformation and even downright lies. Yet Dylan’s persistent evasions have only served to enhance his myth and fuel our curiosity. This book sifts the facts, rumour and misinformation to deliver a concise and informative biography of the man and a unique guide to his music, together with insightful reviews of all his albums, details of his movies, bootleg albums, books and more. What’s more this new Fifth edition is bang up to date and includes reviews of his latest album Rough and Rowdy Ways as well as details of his Nobel Award for literature speech.

CONTENTS
PART ONE: THE STORY 1. The Early Years 1941–1959, 2. The Protest Years 1960–65, 3. The Ghost of Electricity 1966–69, 4. Broken Up & Born Again 1970–7, 5. Lost & Found 1980–89, 6. Not Dark Yet 1990–2015, 7. He Contains Multitudes 2015
PART TWO: THE MUSIC. The Albums, 50 Great Dylan Songs, I Shan’t Be Released: Dylan and the Bootleggers, Curiosities and Covers, Ten comic Dylan Songs, Ten must-own Dylan Rarities, Ten Songs with Dylan in ’em, The Twenty Best Dylan Cover Versions, Ten Improbable Dylan Covers
PART THREE: DYLANOLOGY. Dylan in the Movies, The Strange Case of A.J. Weberman, Dylan Country, The Wisdom of Bob…, The “New Dylans, Books, Websites & Fanzines.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nigel Williamson is acknowledged expert on Bob Dylan and the first edition of this book was published in 2004. A former features editor of The Times and contributor to Uncut and Mojo Williamson still writes obituaries for The Times, usually about musicians, producers, managers and photographers.

Jag har en av hans tidigare böcker, The Rough Guide to Bob Dylan, och den är väldigt läsvärd  :party:

Utloggad Leif

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4238
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 skrivet: 27 februari, 2021, 22:43:50 »
Har beställt den nya, köpte aldrig The Rough Guide ... Måste tänka om.  :rolleyes:
The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein seen.
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.

Utloggad bobi

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 2127
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 skrivet: 16 mars, 2021, 16:57:47 »
OT, men jag är inne på LaT ffg på säkert året och det känns mkt bra! Uppkäkad av FB-bunkern men ska ändra på det/Bobi

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 skrivet: 08 april, 2021, 21:37:24 »
På Record Store Day 17 juli släpps reggae remixer av "Jokerman" & "I And I". Borde vara ännu ett tecken på innehållet i kommande Bootleg Series  :ph34r:

This 12” features two reggae remixes each of “Jokerman” and “I And I”, by Doctor Dread. The original versions of both tracks appeared on Dylan’s Infidels album, with Sly & Robbie as the rhythm section. The two “I And I” remixes were previously released on Is It Rolling Bob: A Reggae Tribute To Bob Dylan (2003), while the “Jokerman” remixes are newly commissioned and previously unreleased. Doctor Dread has worked with Bob Marley, Black Uhuru, Jimmy Cliff, Inner Circle, Gregory Isaacs, Luciano, Mad Cobra, Freddy McGregor, Sly and Robbie, Steel Pulse, The Wailers and many others.

Side A: 1. “Jokerman [Reggae Remix]” 2. “Jokerman [Instrumental Dub]”

Side B: 1. “I and I [Reggae Remix]” 2. “I and I [Reggae Dub]”

Här är en version av "I And I", är dock osäker på den är med på EPn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lx3L7K2WC0
« Senast ändrad: 08 april, 2021, 21:42:12 av Anders S »

Utloggad Jurre

• Hobo
  • Antal inlägg: 45
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 skrivet: 07 maj, 2021, 15:42:40 »
köpte Uncut igår på bobis uppmaning. massor att läsa varav 15 sidor om Bob. trevlig cd borde ni ha.
vad gör vi inför 24 maj då?

Utloggad Neverendingfan

• A Friend To The Poor
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 skrivet: 08 maj, 2021, 11:51:09 »
Svenne Rubins firar 40 år som grupp, med en jubileumskonsert på Facebook i kväll!
"Svenne" har ju haft ett sidoprojekt under flera år, där han lirar Dylan!🙂
Så även i kväll, cirka kl 19.50 blir det en Dylanhyllning (med anledning av 80-årsdagen)!👍