Författare Ämne: Chronicles vol 2  (läst 18565 gånger)

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 3464
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Chronicles vol 2
« Svar #15 skrivet: 15 september, 2012, 11:40:54 »
Citat från: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-working-on-a-sequel-to-chronicles-20120914
Bob Dylan Working on 'Chronicles' Sequel
'I'm always working on parts of it,' he tells Rolling Stone

By Andy Greene
September 14, 2012 3:45 PM ET

Good news for Bob Dylan fans: a follow-up to his acclaimed 2004 book, Chronicles: Volume One, is in the works. "Let's hope [it happens]," he tells Rolling Stone Contributing Editor Mikal Gilmore. "I'm always working on parts of it. But the last Chronicles I did all myself. I'm not even really so sure I had a proper editor for that. I don't want really to say too much about that. But it's a lot of work. I don't mind writing it, but it's the rereading it and the time it takes to reread it – that for me is difficult."

Dylan says that the first Chronicles began when his label asked him to write an essay to accompany a new compilation album of about 50 of his old songs. "I really didn't want to," he says. "But then I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to say some stuff about this period of time in maybe '62 to '63. I walked off The Ed Sullivan Show when it was real popular in America. I wanted to take myself back to that time and relive it."

Ultimately, the project took on a life of its own. "I stumbled into a strategy of going into the future and into the past," Dylan says. "I was writing about the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan album, but I didn't use that. In Chronicles I used [1989's] Oh Mercy because it was more interesting to me. I still have the other piece for Freewheelin' – most of it – and I can definitely make it bigger. That's one of the aspects of Chronicles Two and Chronicles Three. It would definitely start with records. "

The plans are far from concrete and will probably change as he begins to write. "The whole early part of the first Chronicles was supposed to be based on some old record – maybe Another Side of Bob Dylan," Dylan says. "I don't know. I'm not familiar with what's on all those records. But someplace in the 1960s. I was going to use that in a record, and then I could go into the future. Well, what happened was that I kind of lost the thread of what I was doing, and kind of just stayed there, and didn't really go into the future. When I started writing about the early days in New York, I found it all extremely interesting. When you start doing that, it amazes you what you uncover without even trying."

Han är fantastisk. Som han pratar. Det är njutning bara att läsa. Sen att det även innebär Chronicles two, och three! Vilken grej.

Utloggad lundell

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 494
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #16 skrivet: 15 september, 2012, 18:08:38 »
By Andy Greene
Good news for Bob Dylan fans: a follow-up to his acclaimed 2004 book, Chronicles: Volume One, is in the works. "Let's hope [it happens]," he tells Rolling Stone Contributing Editor Mikal Gilmore. "I'm always working on parts of it. But the last Chronicles I did all myself. I'm not even really so sure I had a proper editor for that. I don't want really to say too much about that. But it's a lot of work. I don't mind writing it, but it's the rereading it and the time it takes to reread it – that for me is difficult."

Dylan says that the first Chronicles began when his label asked him to write an essay to accompany a new compilation album of about 50 of his old songs. "I really didn't want to," he says. "But then I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to say some stuff about this period of time in maybe '62 to '63. I walked off The Ed Sullivan Show when it was real popular in America. I wanted to take myself back to that time and relive it."

Photos: Bob Dylan Through the Years

Ultimately, the project took on a life of its own. "I stumbled into a strategy of going into the future and into the past," Dylan says. "I was writing about the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan album, but I didn't use that. In Chronicles I used [1989's] Oh Mercy because it was more interesting to me. I still have the other piece for Freewheelin' – most of it – and I can definitely make it bigger. That's one of the aspects of Chronicles Two and Chronicles Three. It would definitely start with records. "

The plans are far from concrete and will probably change as he begins to write. "The whole early part of the first Chronicles was supposed to be based on some old record – maybe Another Side of Bob Dylan," Dylan says. "I don't know. I'm not familiar with what's on all those records. But someplace in the 1960s. I was going to use that in a record, and then I could go into the future. Well, what happened was that I kind of lost the thread of what I was doing, and kind of just stayed there, and didn't really go into the future. When I started writing about the early days in New York, I found it all extremely interesting. When you start doing that, it amazes you what you uncover without even trying."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-working-on-a-sequel-to-chronicles-20120914#ixzz26YULiJVc

Utloggad Hoho

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 849
    • Visa profil
« Svar #17 skrivet: 15 september, 2012, 21:41:48 »
Citat från: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-working-on-a-sequel-to-chronicles-20120914
Bob Dylan Working on 'Chronicles' Sequel
'I'm always working on parts of it,' he tells Rolling Stone

By Andy Greene

Där har vi väl vad som kunde fungera som ett bra svar på varför han inte kör fler uddalåtar - han har inte koll på vad han gjort, de "existerar" inte riktigt för honom. Och som plusset på rotmoset så vill han  ju inte inspireras av sig själv. Om ni fattar vad jag är ute efter...
The more I die, the more I live.

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #18 skrivet: 15 september, 2012, 22:27:33 »
Någon borde sitta och lira lite plattor med Bob. Hans egna plattor! Men om han nu fortsätter skriva om sin karriär så lär han ju tänka tillbaka, kanske till och med lyssna. Men efter första boken så blev ju resultatet snarare tvärtom om man tänker låtvariationsmässigt.

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6016
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #19 skrivet: 16 september, 2012, 00:11:53 »
"Let's hope it happens" och "I'm always working on parts of it" låter inte särskilt definitivt. Hur mycket jag än vill ha en andra del, kan jag inte se dessa vaga uttalanden som grund för omedelbar optimism. Jag är i alla fall glad att han inte verkar ha helt glömt projektet.
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #20 skrivet: 16 september, 2012, 00:37:10 »
"Let's hope it happens" och "I'm always working on parts of it" låter inte särskilt definitivt. Hur mycket jag än vill ha en andra del, kan jag inte se dessa vaga uttalanden som grund för omedelbar optimism. Jag är i alla fall glad att han inte verkar ha helt glömt projektet.

Du ska alltid vara så korrekt. Men du har ju rätt. Tyvärr.  ^_^

Utloggad M:o Nightmare

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 2156
  • I woke in the mornin' wand'rin'...
    • Visa profil
« Svar #21 skrivet: 24 september, 2012, 09:05:43 »
Själv är jag kluven. Jämför man Bobs s.k. memoarbok med andra storheters memoarböcker så tycker jag tex att Miles Davis ' Miles An autobiography'  med Quincy Troupé som nedtecknare, eller Eric Claptons och Ronnie Woods raka berättelser är att föredra. Att beskriva musikermöten och konserter och låtar kräver inga krusiduller utan bara ett rakt berättande a lá exempelvis Erik Fernström aka Jerry Williams...sluta trixa Bob, skriv ner ditt liv så att vi får läsa...

Gypsy gal, you got me swallowed
I have fallen far beneath
Your pearly eyes, so fast an' slashing
An' your flashing diamond teeth

Utloggad mb650918

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1819
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #22 skrivet: 25 september, 2012, 17:47:43 »

"Let´s hope"???? Vafan, han har ju skrivit på kontrakt för 6-7 böcker, va? :huh:
Micke B.

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 8072
    • Visa profil
« Svar #23 skrivet: 28 juli, 2014, 19:35:31 »

Bob Dylan is at work on the second volume of his autobiography, his publishers Simon & Schuster have confirmed in the wake of his Pulitzer Prize citation this week.

:-)
±→H4n→~ https://www.instagram.com/joakim.humleback/

"But power and greed and corruptible seed Seem to be all that there is"

"Since the legalization, Monsanto has charged Brazilian farmers 2% of their sales of Roundup Ready soya beans, which now account for an estimated 85% of the nations soyabean"

Utloggad Leif

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4237
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #24 skrivet: 28 juli, 2014, 19:59:55 »

Bob Dylan is at work on the second volume of his autobiography, his publishers Simon & Schuster have confirmed in the wake of his Pulitzer Prize citation this week.

Sorry Humlan men den där artikeln är gammal,  från 2008...
Fattar inte varför den länkades till från ER idag.
« Senast ändrad: 28 juli, 2014, 20:04:33 av Leif »
The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein seen.
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
« Svar #25 skrivet: 28 juli, 2014, 20:27:59 »

Sorry Humlan men den där artikeln är gammal,  från 2008...
Fattar inte varför den länkades till från ER idag.

:-) Sånt där är svårt att veta varför... När saker å ting bara dyker upp sådär...

"Since the legalization, Monsanto has charged Brazilian farmers 2% of their sales of Roundup Ready soya beans, which now account for an estimated 85% of the nations soyabean"

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
« Svar #26 skrivet: 21 november, 2016, 14:20:11 »
Undrar ... :rolleyes: om Vol 2 är pågång äntligen kanske måste de göra ett nytt omslag med vackra bokstäver i guld med Nobels Pristagare i Litteratur 2016 eller blir det redan på Vol 13?