Författare Ämne: Tempest  (läst 294659 gånger)

Utloggad mb650918

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1819
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Micke B.

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 8072
    • Visa profil
±→H4n→~ https://www.instagram.com/joakim.humleback/

"But power and greed and corruptible seed Seem to be all that there is"

"Since the legalization, Monsanto has charged Brazilian farmers 2% of their sales of Roundup Ready soya beans, which now account for an estimated 85% of the nations soyabean"

Utloggad Hoho

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 849
    • Visa profil
SV: Tempest
« Svar #182 skrivet: 28 juli, 2012, 13:58:10 »
Vilken lurig rubrik! Trodde detta handlade om ny Joey Tempest-platta vilket inte intresserade mig det minsta. Vilken chock, kan inte smälta allt nu, galet.......
The more I die, the more I live.

Utloggad Elston

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6925
    • MSN Messenger - elstongunnn@hotmail.com
    • Visa profil
    • Myspace
    • E-post
« Svar #183 skrivet: 28 juli, 2012, 14:16:19 »
Vilken lurig rubrik! Trodde detta handlade om ny Joey Tempest-platta vilket inte intresserade mig det minsta. Vilken chock, kan inte smälta allt nu, galet.......

:mellow: ^_^ :d2:
Beyond the horizon, the sky is so blue
I've got more than a lifetime to live loving you

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #184 skrivet: 29 juli, 2012, 12:12:23 »
http://www.amazon.com

Tempest, Deluxe Edition CD Features full-color reproductions of more than 30 rare vintage magazine covers of Bob Dylan spanning the first 10 years of his storied career, all collected in a bound notebook created exclusively for this limited deluxe edition.

Hmmm, med TTS Deluxe edition fick vi en bok med "alla" singelomslag... och nu får vi en bok med 30 tidningsomslag...

Vet inte om det är såna grejer jag mest av allt längtar efter när jag köper en deluxe.

Nåja, den kanske är fin och jag kanske kommer bläddra i den mer än en gång...
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6016
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #185 skrivet: 30 juli, 2012, 16:46:46 »
Låten "Early Roman Kings" kommer att bli tillgänglig den 7 augusti. Den kommer bland annat att finnas för nedladdning från Amazon.
www.amazon.com/Early-Roman-Kings/dp/B008Q4TU9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343624508&sr=8-1
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 3464
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #186 skrivet: 30 juli, 2012, 18:53:45 »
Låten "Early Roman Kings" kommer att bli tillgänglig den 7 augusti. Den kommer bland annat att finnas för nedladdning från Amazon.
www.amazon.com/Early-Roman-Kings/dp/B008Q4TU9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343624508&sr=8-1

Det kommer bli ruskigt svårt att hålla sig. Det går nog inte helt enkelt. -_-

Utloggad Elston

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Myspace
    • E-post
« Svar #187 skrivet: 30 juli, 2012, 22:43:55 »

Nä. Klart det inte gör.   :rolleyes:

Härligt med en "förstasingel" med den säljande titeln "Early Roman Kings". Haha!

Garcia678

• Gäst
« Svar #188 skrivet: 31 juli, 2012, 16:07:03 »

Nä. Klart det inte gör.   :rolleyes:

Härligt med en "förstasingel" med den säljande titeln "Early Roman Kings". Haha!

Ja vad säger man om hipfaktorn på den -_- Bländande  :d5:

Utloggad Offe

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 347
    • MSN Messenger - rtot@hotmail.com
    • Visa profil
« Svar #189 skrivet: 31 juli, 2012, 22:12:41 »
Ifrån RS Magazine:

Citera
Bob Dylan describes "Tempest," his 35th studio album (out September 11th), as a record where "anything goes and you just gotta believe it will make sense." But it isn't the record he set out to make. "I wanted to make something more religious," he says. "I just didn't have enough [religious songs]. Intentionally, specifically religious songs is what I wanted to do. That takes a lot more concentration - to pull that off 10 times with the same thread - than it does with a record like I ended up with."
The "anything goes" album he ended up with is full of big stories, big endings and transfixing effect. The disc was recorded in Jackson Browne's studio in L.A. with Dylan's touring band - bassist Tony Garnier, drummer George G. Receli, steel guitarist Donny Herron, and guitarists Charlie Sexton and Stu Kimball - as well as David Hidalgo on guitar, violin and accordion. "Tin Angel" is a devastating tale of a man in search of his lost love; the doleful "Soon After Midnight" seems to be about love (but maybe it's revenge); the vengeful "Pay In Blood" has Dylan darkly repeating "I pay in blood, but not my own." Tenderness finally seals Tempest, in "Roll On, John," Dylan's heartfelt tribute to his friend John Lennon.
The title track is a nearly 14-minute depiction of the Titanic disaster. Numerous folk and gospel songs gave accounts of the event, including the Carter Family's "The Titanic," which Dylan drew from. "I was just fooling with that one night," he says. "I liked that melody - I liked it a lot. 'Maybe I'm gonna appropriate this melody.' But where would I go with it?" Elements of Dylan's vision of the Titanic are familiar - historical figures, the inescapable finality. But it's not all grounded in fact: The ships decks are places of madness ("Brother rose up against brother. They fought and slaughtered each other"), and even Leonardo DiCaprio appears. ("Yeah, Leo," says Dylan. "I don't think the song would be the same without him. Or the movie.") "People are going to say, 'Well, it's not very truthful,' says Dylan. "But a songwriter doesn't care about what's truthful. What he cares about is what should've happened, what could've happened. That's its own kind of truth. It's like people who read Shakespeare plays, but they never see a Shakespeare play. I think they just use his name."
Dylan's mention of Shakespeare raises a question. The playwright's final work was called The Tempest, and some have already asked: Is Dylan's Tempest intended as a last work by the now 71-year-old artist? Dylan is dismissive of the suggestion. "Shakespeare's last play was called The Tempest. It wasn't called just plain Tempest. The name of my record is just plain Tempest. It's two different titles."
« Senast ändrad: 31 juli, 2012, 22:14:16 av Offe »
When you're with me, I'm a thousand times happier than I could ever say.

Utloggad Elston

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Myspace
    • E-post
« Svar #190 skrivet: 31 juli, 2012, 22:47:50 »
Ifrån RS Magazine:

Citera
Bob Dylan describes "Tempest," his 35th studio album (out September 11th), as a record where "anything goes and you just gotta believe it will make sense." But it isn't the record he set out to make. "I wanted to make something more religious," he says. "I just didn't have enough [religious songs]. Intentionally, specifically religious songs is what I wanted to do. That takes a lot more concentration - to pull that off 10 times with the same thread - than it does with a record like I ended up with."
The "anything goes" album he ended up with is full of big stories, big endings and transfixing effect. The disc was recorded in Jackson Browne's studio in L.A. with Dylan's touring band - bassist Tony Garnier, drummer George G. Receli, steel guitarist Donny Herron, and guitarists Charlie Sexton and Stu Kimball - as well as David Hidalgo on guitar, violin and accordion. "Tin Angel" is a devastating tale of a man in search of his lost love; the doleful "Soon After Midnight" seems to be about love (but maybe it's revenge); the vengeful "Pay In Blood" has Dylan darkly repeating "I pay in blood, but not my own." Tenderness finally seals Tempest, in "Roll On, John," Dylan's heartfelt tribute to his friend John Lennon.
The title track is a nearly 14-minute depiction of the Titanic disaster. Numerous folk and gospel songs gave accounts of the event, including the Carter Family's "The Titanic," which Dylan drew from. "I was just fooling with that one night," he says. "I liked that melody - I liked it a lot. 'Maybe I'm gonna appropriate this melody.' But where would I go with it?" Elements of Dylan's vision of the Titanic are familiar - historical figures, the inescapable finality. But it's not all grounded in fact: The ships decks are places of madness ("Brother rose up against brother. They fought and slaughtered each other"), and even Leonardo DiCaprio appears. ("Yeah, Leo," says Dylan. "I don't think the song would be the same without him. Or the movie.") "People are going to say, 'Well, it's not very truthful,' says Dylan. "But a songwriter doesn't care about what's truthful. What he cares about is what should've happened, what could've happened. That's its own kind of truth. It's like people who read Shakespeare plays, but they never see a Shakespeare play. I think they just use his name."
Dylan's mention of Shakespeare raises a question. The playwright's final work was called The Tempest, and some have already asked: Is Dylan's Tempest intended as a last work by the now 71-year-old artist? Dylan is dismissive of the suggestion. "Shakespeare's last play was called The Tempest. It wasn't called just plain Tempest. The name of my record is just plain Tempest. It's two different titles."

Tack Offe!

Många frågor väcks här, förstås ... och så är det ju med Bob, ju mer han berättar, desto fler frågor har man   -_-

Edit: Men så här är det förstås, och det är alltid så skönt att höra Bob säga sånt här. Tycker jag:
""People are going to say, 'Well, it's not very truthful,' says Dylan. "But a songwriter doesn't care about what's truthful. What he cares about is what should've happened, what could've happened. That's its own kind of truth."

Ja. Tänk att det alltid måste framhållas.
Konstigt.
« Senast ändrad: 31 juli, 2012, 22:50:36 av Elston »

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #191 skrivet: 31 juli, 2012, 22:53:51 »
En intressant liten artikel, som ökar nyfikenheten lite mer. Vilket väl är tanken.
Vi vet att Dylan gjorde en intervju och fotosession för Rolling Stone i Bilbao den 11 juli. Antagligen är det här utdrag ur denna intervju, som i mer komplett form ska publiceras i september. Den artikel som nu dykt upp är skriven av Mikal Gilmore, Rolling Stone-profil och författare som intervjuade Dylan redan på 80-talet. Det är oklart om det var han som stod för intervjun i Bilbao eller om han här citerar en annan skribents material.
Skivan beskrivs i rubriken som Dylans "dark new masterpiece". Det lär ju visa sig om det där med mästerverk är sanning eller överord.

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #192 skrivet: 31 juli, 2012, 23:13:56 »
Skivan beskrivs i rubriken som Dylans "dark new masterpiece". Det lär ju visa sig om det där med mästerverk är sanning eller överord.

Här blev jag tydligen lite vilseledd av en rubrik i ett annat forum. Artikelns rubrik är "Bob Dylan on his dark new LP". Ingenting om något "masterpiece", men man kan ju hoppas. Underrubriken är "Dylan breaks down his apocalyptic (and sometimes sweet) 35th studio album, Tempest".

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #193 skrivet: 01 augusti, 2012, 18:38:10 »
Nu ligger texten på nätet, illustrerad med en bild från konserten i Carhaix: www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-on-his-dark-new-album-tempest-20120801

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad mb650918

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1819
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #194 skrivet: 01 augusti, 2012, 19:24:06 »
När kom senaste singeln egentligen? Dignity? Love Sick?  :huh:
Micke B.