Författare Ämne: BT: LUNA - 3S Artspace, Portsmouth, NH - October 11, 2015  (läst 2271 gånger)

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 8072
    • Visa profil
BT: LUNA - 3S Artspace, Portsmouth, NH - October 11, 2015
« skrivet: 15 oktober, 2015, 11:30:53 »
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=542877 [24/48]

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=542876 [16/44]

LUNA

3S Artspace
Portsmouth, NH
October 11, 2015

[24 bit/48 khz]

1. [Intro] 0:23
2. Egg Nog 2:39
3. Pup Tent 6:47
4. Chinatown 4:46
5. [Tuning] 2:46
6. Cindy Tastes Of Barbeque 4:34
7. Malibu Love Nest 4:39
8. [Banter] 1:07
9. Anesthesia 3:37
10. [Banter] 1:36
11. Sideshow By The Seashore 3:10
12. [Banter] 0:37
13. Tiger Lily 5:01
14. [Banter] 1:22
15. Lost In Space 3:40
16. [Banter] 0:39
17. Kalamazoo 7:09
18. Bewitched 4:42
19. Friendly Advice 6:19
20. [Encore Banter] 3:09
21. Ride Into The Sun (Lou Reed) 5:06
22. 23 Minutes In Brussels 8:09

Dean Wareham – g, voc
Britta Phillips – b, voc
Lee Wall - dr
Sean Eden – g, voc

Luna’s first-ever gig in Portsmouth; as part of their 2015 reunion tour. How great it was to get to see and hear this band again after a ten-year absence. In fact, it had been 16 years since my last live Luna concert, an Irving Plaza show I posted on DaD some years ago.

A nice turnout for one of NYC’s finest bands to emerge from the 90s in this sleek, new venue near Portsmouth’s downtown. Coming at the end of a long week of highly anticipated NYC shows, there was a sense that the band might have enjoyed this Sunday night sprawled out in front of the TV back at the hotel, rather than lugging gear, plugging in, and fulfilling expectations. But it seems as if this very weariness-—tempered by a good dose of humor-—not only informs Luna’s music but actually powers it. And once they get going, look out. With utter precision, pacing, and taste they turn Wareham’s and Eden’s guitar chords, Wall’s untiring and superb drumming, and Phillips’ sinuous and warm bass lines into some of the most uncompromising songs to come out of the 90s. If you’ve read this far, I’m likely preaching to the choir. Suffice it to say that many essential Luna classics were played, culminating in the epic build of the final encore.
The sound was as flawless as the gorgeous sonic palette that is found on their records. Luna are one of those bands that are able to deliver their meticulously crafted studio sound in a live setting.

That said, there is little that had to be done with this recording other than compress a few hand claps near me. Since there was a fair amount of chatting and pause in between songs, I marked those as separate tracks. For the full experience, leave them in; for a tight setlist of pure music, leave them out.

Lineage: Tascam DR-05 > 24/48 WAV > Apple Logic (levels, compression) > WAV > FLAC8

Support the band. Absolutely get your ass to one of their shows. Buy the CD’s if you don’t have them yet. Every one is excellent; two or three are masterpieces.

Note: the opening band on this tour is Diane Coffee, who were superb and I wish I'd taped their set. A curious blend of glam rock, R&B, and shameless pop, masterfully delivered by young guys that seemed to have escaped out of a high school assembly somewhere in the Midwest, ready to blow your mind and conquer the world.

Enjoy!
±→H4n→~ https://www.instagram.com/joakim.humleback/

"But power and greed and corruptible seed Seem to be all that there is"

"Since the legalization, Monsanto has charged Brazilian farmers 2% of their sales of Roundup Ready soya beans, which now account for an estimated 85% of the nations soyabean"

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 3464
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: BT: LUNA - 3S Artspace, Portsmouth, NH - October 11, 2015
« Svar #1 skrivet: 15 oktober, 2015, 18:18:44 »
Hehe, tack du. Det finns en hel del ute från turnén redan och mer kommer att komma. Glädjande för mig!

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 8072
    • Visa profil
SV: BT: LUNA - 3S Artspace, Portsmouth, NH - October 11, 2015
« Svar #2 skrivet: 17 oktober, 2015, 12:07:14 »
:-)
±→H4n→~ https://www.instagram.com/joakim.humleback/

"But power and greed and corruptible seed Seem to be all that there is"

"Since the legalization, Monsanto has charged Brazilian farmers 2% of their sales of Roundup Ready soya beans, which now account for an estimated 85% of the nations soyabean"