Författare Ämne: Bootleg Series vol. 14 - More Blood, More Tracks  (läst 16333 gånger)

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 3464
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Bootleg Series vol. 14 - More Blood, More Tracks
« Svar #30 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 11:41:38 »
Ser bra ut. Förmodligen är sista skivan Minneapolis-inspelningar, trots vad som tidigare sagts om att de inte ska vara med.
Det kommer också en nedskalad version som släpps som enkel-cd och dubbel-lp, med följande låtlista:

Tangled Up in Blue
Simple Twist of Fate
Shelter from the Storm
You're a Big Girl Now
Buckets of Rain
If You See Her, Say Hello
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
Meet Me in the Morning
Idiot Wind
You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
Up to Me

Jag tror jag kommer att skaffa både deluxen och den nedskalade utgåvan.

Kan undra om enkeln är baserad på tagningarna från NYC-originalversionen av Blood on the tracks eller om det är helt andra tagningar. Tror jag måste vänta med att köpa deluxen.

Utloggad JanneS

• A Friend To The Poor
  • Antal inlägg: 159
    • Visa profil
« Svar #31 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 11:58:02 »
Boxen går att förboka på amazon.co.uk för 251 pund.

Utloggad JanneS

• A Friend To The Poor
    • Visa profil
« Svar #32 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 12:03:17 »
Ser bra ut. Förmodligen är sista skivan Minneapolis-inspelningar, trots vad som tidigare sagts om att de inte ska vara med.
Det kommer också en nedskalad version som släpps som enkel-cd och dubbel-lp, med följande låtlista:

Tangled Up in Blue
Simple Twist of Fate
Shelter from the Storm
You're a Big Girl Now
Buckets of Rain
If You See Her, Say Hello
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
Meet Me in the Morning
Idiot Wind
You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go
Up to Me

Jag tror jag kommer att skaffa både deluxen och den nedskalade utgåvan.

Kan undra om enkeln är baserad på tagningarna från NYC-originalversionen av Blood on the tracks eller om det är helt andra tagningar. Tror jag måste vänta med att köpa deluxen.

Känns logiskt att enkeln baseras på NYC-inspelningarna. Vi får väl snart mer info om innehållet på Dylans hemsida.

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6016
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #33 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 12:16:38 »
Boxen går att förboka på amazon.co.uk för 251 pund.

Ska man inte ha den som japansk blu-spec eller liknande lär man nog kunna komma över den fysiska boxen betydligt billigare än så, som tur är. Gissar på ett pris strax över tusenlappen, ungefär som "vanliga" Cutting Edge-boxen.
Ett officiellt tillkännagivande med alla detaljer är nog mycket nära nu.
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #34 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 20:23:05 »
Utdrag från Clinton Heylins kommande bok: No One Else Could Play That Tune: The Making and Unmaking of Bob Dylan’s Masterpiece

Blood on the Tracks New York Sessions | 16 September 1974
https://routepublishing.wordpress.com/2018/09/16/blood-on-the-tracks-new-york-sessions-16-september-1974/

Here was the very place – rebranded, but intact – where Dylan had recorded every official artifact between November 20th, 1961 (Bob Dylan) and January 25th, 1966 (‘One Of Us Must Know’). The sense of historical synergy was not lost on the one reporter diligent enough to reconstruct these sessions in real time. Larry Sloman’s description in his November Rolling Stone piece set the scene perfectly: ‘It looked like old times at Columbia’s A & R Studio September 16th. John Hammond Snr. was there. Phil Ramone was working the board. Eric Weissberg and Barry Kornfeld, two old Gaslight regulars, were unpacking their guitars. And sitting out in the cavernous studio … practically hidden behind a battery of six microphones, Bob Dylan was creating another album. And it was almost as if Dylan were consciously conjuring up the ambience of the early sixties.’

"On 16th September 1974, Bob Dylan entered A & R Studios in New York to begin recording ‘Blood on the Tracks’. The studio was of course the magical place where he recorded his first 6 albums. His original producer John Hammond joined him in the studio on this night, an ‘historic moment’ for them both. Bob warmed up solo, recording 6 songs over 10 takes. He was then joined by Eric Weissberg’s band Deliverance, tackling 4 songs in 13 takes. One of these – ‘Meet Me In The Morning’ – made it through to the final cut of ‘Blood on the Tracks’ and another – ‘Call Letter Blues’ – was later released on Bootleg Series Vol. 1-3. But it was the attempts of ‘Idiot Wind’ and ‘Tangled Up In Blue’ with just Bob and Deliverance bass player Tony Brown that would ultimately set the tone for the rest of the album…"

Blood on the Tracks New York Sessions | 17 September 1974
https://routepublishing.wordpress.com/2018/09/17/blood-on-the-tracks-new-york-sessions-17-september-1974/

I got a call the [ following] afternoon from a woman, who I believe worked for Columbia, telling me to come in for that evening’s session. I remember asking her if she had called Eric about this, and she replied something like, ‘No, Bob just wants you.’ … I was almost a bit surprised they called me back, because I did not think the first day had gone well. – Tony Brown

"On 17th September 1974, Bob Dylan was back in A & R Studios in New York for the second day of recording Blood on the Tracks. The feel for the album’s sound was starting to take shape, with bass player Tony Brown the only member of Deliverance invited back for the session. Keyboardist Paul Griffin came in to try organ and piano on a few takes, sometimes with Brown, sometimes without. There was a change in the assistant engineer’s chair too, Glenn Berger who had sat in the chair on the 16th had moved next door to work with Mick Jagger on mixing a Rolling Stones live tape for radio broadcast. His chair was taken up by Rich Blakin.

In all there was less than half the takes of the previous day, but the session was no less productive. Five songs intended for the album were attempted over 13 takes, plus one warm-up cover. From this session, the fourth take of ‘Shelter From The Storm’ and the third take of ‘You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go’ made it all the way to the released album. The second take of ‘You’re A Big Girl Now’ was released later on Biograph and the second take of ‘Tangled Up In Blue’ was released on Bootleg Series Vol 1-3. An edited version of the first take of ‘Shelter From the Storm’ recorded this day featured on the soundtrack to the film Jerry Maguire.

By the end of the day, all 12 songs in consideration for the album had been attempted."

Blood on the Tracks New York Sessions | 18 September 1974
https://routepublishing.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/blood-on-the-tracks-new-york-sessions-18-september-1974/

By the next afternoon, Dylan was not so sure of himself and all he had wrought. As they began to mix songs from the master reels, a few takes fell foul of the review process, perhaps reflecting a darker mood on Dylan’s part.

On 18th September 1974, Bob Dylan was back in A & R Studios in New York for the third day of recording Blood on the Tracks. Engineer and studio chief Phil Ramone was busy mixing tracks pulled to master from the previous two days, and pedal steel player Buddy Cage was brought in to add overdubs on a few of the takes. As far as recording goes, this was the least productive day of the four. Bob had a go at recording ‘Buckets of Rain’ under the gaze of Mick Jagger in the control room, but abandoned it after four attempts. He left the studio early to go watch a concert and think about what he needed to do the following day to get the album he was hearing in his head.

Blood on the Tracks New York Sessions | 19 September 1974
https://routepublishing.wordpress.com/2018/09/19/blood-on-the-tracks-new-york-sessions-19-september-1974/

Dylan knew his vision for these songs, [which] was very pure and unadorned … Bob lived these words as he created them. Most of the tracks grew and changed organically … He knew as soon as he heard something whether or not it was what he was going for. It never took him more than one time to know … He worked so instinctively, more so than anyone I’ve ever worked with. – Ellen Bernstein, Columbia A&R person & girlfriend.

Dylan cut the whole [album] in six hours on a Monday night … Then came back in on Tuesday and cut most of [it] again … That seemed to work, but it turned out not … On the Thursday, we recorded the album for a third time … Now that blew my mind. – Glenn Berger, assistant engineer.

On 19th September 1974, Bob Dylan was back in A & R Studios for the fourth and final day of recording on the Blood on the Tracks New York sessions. A revivified Dylan was determined to finish what he had begun on the Monday. Starting proceedings at seven, he recalled Tony Brown, and Brown alone, to (re)capture the last few tracks. However, if Brown was thinking this will be like Tuesday – fourteen takes and home – he was soon disabused. It was 3.30am before Dylan was satisfied. By then, he and Brown had endured a recording marathon, capturing eight songs whole over a multitude of takes. Mick Jagger was once again looking on.

By the end of the evening, they recorded takes of ‘Buckets of Rain’ and ‘Simple Twist of Fate’ which would make it all the way to the final album. They also got takes of three further songs that would make it to the original test pressing of the album: ‘If You See Her, Say Hello’, ‘Tangled Up In Blue’ and ‘Idiot Wind’. Bob had his album… for now. Three months later a last minute change of heart would propel him to Sound 80 Studio in Minneapolis to rerecord five of the ten tracks that would appear on the released album. But that’s a different story…
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #35 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 20:23:49 »

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #36 skrivet: 19 september, 2018, 20:24:21 »

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #37 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 09:51:45 »
If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6GOxZsZsg

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 3464
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #38 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 13:56:13 »
If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6GOxZsZsg

Tack. Den är rätt bra den. :-) Har denna version funnits ute tidigare? Den är ju väldigt lik det som finns sedan tidigare. Men oavsett, fantastisk!

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #39 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 14:09:38 »
Tack. Den är rätt bra den. :-) Har denna version funnits ute tidigare? Den är ju väldigt lik det som finns sedan tidigare. Men oavsett, fantastisk!

Nej, den här är ny och tydligen det allra första framförande som spelades in under BOTT-sessionerna, men som sagt inte jätteolik de två andra versioner vi har från New York-inspelningarna. Den här versionen kommer också att finnas på den nedskalade 1cd/2lp-versionen.

För övrigt är den officiella hemsidan uppdaterad med nyheten om detta släpp. Det blir ingen exklusiv bonus denna gång. Deluxen kallas "strictly limited", vad det nu innebär.
http://www.bobdylan.com/?utm_source=left_nav

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad JanneS

• A Friend To The Poor
    • Visa profil
« Svar #40 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 14:49:23 »
Det var något fel på ovanstående länk, här är en annan till infon på hemsidan: https://www.bobdylan.com/news/more-blood-more-tracks-the-bootleg-series-vol-14-to-be-released-on-november-2/

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #41 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 15:03:07 »
Låtlistan på den officiella hemsidan innehåller några konstigheter. Tangled och Idiot Wind på testpressningen är ju inte samma tagningar som på testpressningen.
Citera
Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 2) – with bass – included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991
Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake) – with organ overdub – included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #42 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 21:54:55 »
Låtlistan på den officiella hemsidan innehåller några konstigheter. Tangled och Idiot Wind på testpressningen är ju inte samma tagningar som på testpressningen.
Citera
Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 2) – with bass – included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991
Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake) – with organ overdub – included on Blood on the Tracks test pressing and previously released on The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3: Rare and Unreleased, 1961-1991

Nej, det har de rört  ihop det hela!
Testpressningen av Tangled Up In Blue är från den 19:e och versionen som släpptes på BS 1-3 är från den 16:e.
För Idiot Wind är det tvärtom  :party:

Den här genomgången (från SHF) är förmodligen mer korrekt  :d6:

-MORE BLOOD, MORE TRACKS DELUXE-
    DISC 1
September 16
    1. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1) SINGLE DISC
    2. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 2) BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 1-3
    3. You're a Big Girl Now (Take 1)
    4. You're a Big Girl Now (Take 2) SINGLE DISC
    5. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 1) SINGLE DISC
    6. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 2)
    7. You're a Big Girl Now (Take 3)
    8. Up to Me (Rehearsal)
    9. Up to Me (Take 1)
    10. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Take 1)
    11. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts (Take 2) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & SINGLE DISC

DISC 2
    1. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 1A)
    2. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 2A)
    3. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 3A)
    4. Call Letter Blues (Take 1)
    5. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
    6. Call Letter Blues (Take 2) BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 1-3
    7. Idiot Wind (Take 1)
    8. Idiot Wind (Take 1, Remake)
    9. Idiot Wind (Take 3 with insert)
    10. Idiot Wind (Take 5)
    11. Idiot Wind (Take 6) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING
    12. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Rehearsal and Take 1)
    13. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 2)
    14. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 3)
    15. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 4)
    16. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 5)
    17. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 6)
    18. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 6, Remake)
    19. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 7)
    20. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 8 )

DISC 3
    1. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 1) BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 1-3
September 17
    2. You're a Big Girl Now (Take 1, Remake)
    3. You're a Big Girl Now (Take 2, Remake) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & BIOGRAPH
    4. Tangled Up in Blue (Rehearsal)
    5. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 2, Remake)
    6. Spanish Is the Loving Tongue (Take 1)
    7. Call Letter Blues (Rehearsal)
    8. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 1, Remake)
    9. Shelter from the Storm (Take 1) JERRY MAGUIRE SOUNDTRACK
    10. Buckets of Rain (Take 1)
    11. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake)
    12. Buckets of Rain (Take 2)
    13. Shelter from the Storm (Take 2) SINGLE DISC
    14. Shelter from the Storm (Take 3)
    15. Shelter from the Storm (Take 4) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & BLOOD ON THE TRACKS

DISC 4
    1. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 1, Remake 2) SINGLE DISC
    2. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go (Take 2, Remake 2) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
September 18
    3. Buckets of Rain (Take 1, Remake)
    4. Buckets of Rain (Take 2, Remake) SINGLE DISC
    5. Buckets of Rain (Take 3, Remake)
    6. Buckets of Rain (Take 4, Remake)
September 19
    7. Up to Me (Take 1, Remake)
    8. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake) SINGLE DISC
    9. Buckets of Rain (Take 1, Remake 2)
    10. Buckets of Rain (Take 2, Remake 2)
    11. Buckets of Rain (Take 3, Remake 2)
    12. Buckets of Rain (Take 4, Remake 2) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
    13. If You See Her, Say Hello (Take 1, Remake) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING
    14. Up to Me (Take 1, Remake 2)
    15. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake 2)
    16. Up to Me (Take 3, Remake 2)
    17. Buckets of Rain (Rehearsal)
    18. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1, Remake) DUQUESNE WHISTLE B-SIDE & SINGLE DISC
    19. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 2, Remake)
    20. Buckets of Rain (Take 5, Remake 2)

DISC 5
    1. Tangled Up in Blue (Rehearsal and Take 1, Remake 2)
    2. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 2, Remake 2)
    3. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 2) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING
    4. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 2, Remake)
    5. Simple Twist of Fate (Take 3, Remake) ORIGINAL TEST PRESSING & BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
    6. Up to Me (Rehearsal and Take 1, Remake 3)
    7. Up to Me (Take 2, Remake 3) BIOGRAPH
    8. Idiot Wind (Rehearsal and Takes 1-3, Remake) SINGLE DISC
    9. Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake) BOOTLEG SERIES VOL. 1-3
    10. Idiot Wind (Take 4, Remake with organ overdub)
    11. You're a Big Girl Now (Take 1, Remake 2)
    12. Meet Me in the Morning (Take 1, Remake 2)
    13. Meet Me in the Morning (Takes 2-3, Remake 2)

DISC 6
    1. You're a Big Girl Now (Takes 3-6, Remake 2)
    2. Tangled Up in Blue (Rehearsal and Takes 1-2, Remake 3)
    3. Tangled Up in Blue (Take 3, Remake 3) SINGLE DISC
December 27
    4. Idiot Wind BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
    5. You're a Big Girl Now BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
December 30
    6. Tangled up in Blue BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
    7. Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts BLOOD ON THE TRACKS
    8. If You See Her, Say Hello BLOOD ON THE TRACKS

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/bob-dylan-bootleg-series-vol-14-more-blood-more-tracks-2-nov-2018.613131/page-208#post-19571361

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #43 skrivet: 20 september, 2018, 22:03:42 »
Från Rolling Stone:
Bob Dylan Plots Massive ‘Blood On The Tracks’ Reissue for Latest ‘Bootleg Series’

The deluxe six-disc ‘More Blood, More Tracks’ is packed with previously unheard alternative versions of songs from 1975 masterpiece

Blood on the Tracks has always been one of Bob Dylan’s most mysterious albums, but the upcoming Bootleg Series More Blood, More Tracks, set for release November 2nd, will finally reveal, piece-by-piece, how the 1975 LP came together over just six days at studios in New York City and Minneapolis, Minnesota.

A test pressing of the original album that pre-dated Dylan’s decision to recut five of the songs in Minneapolis has circulated within bootleg circles for decades, but the vast majority of takes on More Blood, More Tracks have never been heard. They include solo, acoustic renditions of “Tangled Up In Blue,” “Simple Twist of Fate” and “If You See Her, Say Hello” that are staggering in their intimacy and emotional rawness, a previously unknown cover of the standard “Spanish Is the Loving Tongue” and take after take of classics like “Idiot Wind” and “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” where Dylan fine-tunes the songs until he finds just the right arrangement.

“This collection shows how the songs mutated and changed as Bob kept reapplying himself,” says a source close to the Dylan camp. “Even when the band isn’t quite working right, he’s still able to give 100 percent. He never wavers in his intensity.”

Dylan originally recorded the album across four days in September 1974 at A&R Studios in New York with producer Phil Ramone. For reasons he’s never fully explained, he recut five of the songs at Sound 80 Studio in Minneapolis three months later. Every single take from the New York sessions is on More Blood, More Tracks, but the outtakes from the Minneapolis sessions have been lost. “We have no idea what happened to them,” says the source. “We have the feeling that Bob only worked on those five tracks. If there was anything else, he was being pretty heavily bootlegged at the time, so maybe they were wiped. Who knows?”

Discerning Dylan’s motives decades later is practically impossible, but More Blood, More Tracks makes a convincing argument that he was seriously considering recording Blood on the Tracks as a solo, acoustic record. He’d been playing friends the songs on the acoustic guitar for months prior to cutting the album and he began the first day of recording totally alone. “It’s pretty apparent that Bob went in with a fully-realized concept of doing an acoustic record,” says the source. “At least that’s our belief. He does the first six or seven songs twice each and they are very polished.”

But after a couple hours that first day, bassist Tony Brown, drummer Richard Crooks, keyboardist Thomas McFaul and guitarists Eric Weissberg, Charles Brown II and Barry Kornfeld joined the musician. They struggled to match the simplicity of Dylan’s raw renditions of the tunes. “The way Bob works in the studio is instinctual and players are supposed to get it and play along,” says the source. “These guys were called in spur of the moment. They just couldn’t get their feel together. There are excellent players in the band, but they were flummoxed by the material and Bob was just moving so fast.” (He still filed an album to Columbia after four days of work, but just before Christmas he decided to hold the Minneapolis sessions with a different band.)

Rumors of a Blood on the Tracks Bootleg Series have swirled for years, but the Dylan camp was reluctant to commit to it. “For a lot of years we’ve been trying to figure out how to do this,” says the source. “But it’s an unusual project because there’s just 12 songs, or 13 if you count ‘Spanish Is The Loving Tongue,’ and he’s trying to find his way into them. And there’s no outtakes from Minneapolis.”

They began to change their minds when they made digital copies of every bit of Blood on the Tracks material in the vaults for preservation purposes and listened back to the rough mixes. On the finished album, Ramone added in a ton of echo and sped up the tape by about three percent to sweeten the sound. “We thought it would be really interesting to see what the songs might sound like gently mixed in a way that brought out the closeness that we were hearing on these rough mixes,” says the source. “That made us think there was a whole other way of doing this and that there was something valuable to be done with this stuff. When you strip away the echo and run it at the right speed, there’s more of a verité sound. It’s sounds like you are in the room with Bob.”

Getting all of the information off the original tapes was a very delicate process. Tape from the 1960s, broadly speaking, tend to last for decades in the vault without many problems, though tape from the 1970s is often far more delicate. To prevent the oxide from falling off the tape and literally turning to dust once fed into a machine, technicians had to bake the them so the oxide would adhere to the tapes. “We’re always worried about what is going to happen to tapes in the future,” says the source. “Whenever we have a chance we try to bake the tapes and fix whatever we can.”

Ramone didn’t run multi-track tapes during every Blood on the Tracks take, so some of the recording were only captured on mono ¼” rough mixes. That’s preferable to the Minneapolis situation where everything but the masters are forever lost, but on More Blood, More Tracks those five masters have been remixed to provide listeners with a different experience than the album.

More Blood, More Tracks will be available as a one CD/two LP set featuring different takes of every song from the original Blood on the Tracks along with the outtake “Up To Me.” The six-disc set contains every single Blood on the Tracks recording in the Dylan vault. There’s also a hardcover book featuring notes by rock historian Jeff Slate and a reproduction of one of Dylan’s three Blood on the Tracks notebooks that includes page after page of his original handwritten drafts from the era, including many that he never attempted in the studio. It comes from the collection of George Hecksher, who donated it to the Morgan Library in New York. Two other Blood on the Tracks notebooks currently reside at the Bob Dylan Archive at the University of Tulsa.

:party:

Utloggad Guthrie

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 331
    • Visa profil
« Svar #44 skrivet: 25 oktober, 2018, 14:19:52 »
Nu kan man lyssna på den för första gången på E.R om man vill.Bara ett lite tipps.