Författare Ämne: Tomorrow is a Long Time tribute at NYC Town Hall  (läst 1129 gånger)

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4357
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Tomorrow is a Long Time tribute at NYC Town Hall
« skrivet: 25 maj, 2018, 11:30:56 »
Coolt, skulle gärna ha varit där!

http://thetownhall.org/event/the-dylan-63

Citera
Tomorrow is a Long Time
Songs from Bob Dylan's 1963 Town Hall Concert

Thursday, May 24, 2018 • 8:00pm

On April 12, 1963, Bob Dylan had his breakout concert at The Town Hall, a headlining solo performance in front of a thousand people. The concert is a masterpiece: A brilliant mix of original songs, Dylan played everything from now-classic numbers like Blowin in the Wind to unreleased, uncompleted protest songs like Hiding Too Long. The concert introduced to the world a young genius and a new era of folk music, and forecast a legacy to come. 

On Bob Dylan's birthday, Thursday May 24, the Town Hall Ensemble and special guests pay tribute to Dylan and this legendary concert, with new renditions of both timeless and rare Dylan songs.

With Special Guests:
TERRY ADAMS
LAURIE ANDERSON
STEVE BUSCEMI
LISA FISCHER
GINA GERSHON
EMILY HAINES (Metric, Broken Social Scene)
MARK KOZELEK (Sun Kil Moon)
GEOFF MULDAUR
BILL MURRAY
BOB NEUWIRTH
GREG TATE
THE MILK CARTON KIDS
TEDDY THOMPSON
TRIUMPH the INSULT COMIC DOG
ANNE WALDMAN
JOAN AS POLICE WOMAN
PETER WOLF
And More.

Produced by HAL WILLNER and The Town Hall, Tomorrow is a Long Time reimagines Dylan's masterful concert, with colorful interpretations by a diverse cast of musicians and artists, backed by the Town Hall Ensemble.

Tomorrow is a Long Time is the second performance featuring the Town Hall Ensemble, an all-star collective led by Music Director STEVEN BERNSTEIN celebrating the cultural and musical history of New York City. The Town Hall Ensemble features:

LAKECIA BENJAMIN (sax), RON BLAKE (sax), ZACH BROCK (violin), MARC CARY (piano/keys), NELS CLINE (guitar), NATALIE CRESSMAN (trombone), MARIKA HUGHES (cello), JT LEWIS (drums), PEDRITO MARTINEZ (percussion), RICARDO RODRIGUEZ (bass), MARCUS ROJAS (tuba), BRIA SKONBERG (trumpet).
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4357
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Tomorrow is a Long Time tribute at NYC Town Hall
« Svar #1 skrivet: 25 maj, 2018, 11:33:07 »
En på ER som var där :party:

Just home from this fantastic show. Entire original concert was played in order, by an amazing array of performers. Very unique interpretations of some of the songs, but many spectacular and none bad. I got a tape of the entire show, good not amazing (based on equipment) but if something better doesn't go up on DIME I'll put it up on the weekend. Lisa Fisher killed on Hard Rain (although blew the 'know my song well' line) - Bill Murray sang Don't Think Twice straight and well, and Bob Neuwirth KILLED on Last Thoughts on Woody Guthrie.
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Leif

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4189
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #2 skrivet: 25 maj, 2018, 18:45:09 »
Åhå! Ja, där skulle jag också sannerligen ha velat vara. Vi får ha koll på om det kommer upp något på t ex Dime.  ^_^
The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein seen.
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 5936
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
« Svar #3 skrivet: 26 maj, 2018, 23:45:13 »
Åhå! Ja, där skulle jag också sannerligen ha velat vara. Vi får ha koll på om det kommer upp något på t ex Dime.  ^_^

Den finns på Dime nu. http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=622496
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson