Författare Ämne: Scorseses Rolling Thunder-dokumentär kommer på Netflix 2019  (läst 1726 gånger)

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 5892
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4298
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 3449
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
SV: Scorseses Rolling Thunder-dokumentär kommer på Netflix 2019
« Svar #2 skrivet: 10 januari, 2019, 19:52:01 »
Väldigt kul! Det borde väl bli någon slags free formdokumentärvariant på Renaldo and Clara? Ser fram emot trailern först och främst! Väldigt bra att allt material kommer till användning under vår livstid!

Utloggad Leif

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4152
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 skrivet: 10 januari, 2019, 21:23:26 »
Yes, då är det äntligen på gång! Nice! Frågan är om det blir en Bootleg Series i samband med filmen? Vi har redan en från den perioden som alla vet, BS 5. Kommer de att gräva djupare nu och gå Rolling Thunder "all in" eller vad månne det bliva?

:d5: ^_^
The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein seen.
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.

Utloggad Hibbitt

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1607
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 skrivet: 11 januari, 2019, 16:24:12 »
Härliga tider strålande tider och så hoppas vi på en dvd-utgåva för oss som ligger på Tv1/Tv2-nivå.  -_-
Shit det är 17 år sedan den förra RollingThunder-produkten kom ut, time fades away...
...and if you hear vague traces of skippin' reels of rhyme to your tambourine in time...

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 skrivet: 11 januari, 2019, 23:35:50 »
Härliga tider strålande tider och så hoppas vi på en dvd-utgåva för oss som ligger på Tv1/Tv2-nivå.  -_-
Shit det är 17 år sedan den förra RollingThunder-produkten kom ut, time fades away...

Vad menar du 17 år?

Utloggad I&I

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1125
    • Visa profil
    • E-post

Utloggad egoBen

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 skrivet: 13 januari, 2019, 10:50:14 »
Bör väl avse denna?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bootleg_Series_Vol._5:_Bob_Dylan_Live_1975,_The_Rolling_Thunder_Revue

Released   November 26, 2002

Ja, men det känns ju heeelt sjukt att det gått 17 år sedan den kom!

Utloggad bobi

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 2123
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 skrivet: 14 januari, 2019, 18:18:32 »
Det blir bra med en film.Riktigt bra. Och sen nått helt nytt på platta. Ok för 2019.

Utloggad I&I

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1125
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 skrivet: 14 januari, 2019, 22:32:25 »
Bör väl avse denna?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bootleg_Series_Vol._5:_Bob_Dylan_Live_1975,_The_Rolling_Thunder_Revue

Nästan ännu mer sjukt att det är 44 år sen den ägde rum.

Det verkar ju ibland som om det var ett halvsekel mellan turnéerna 66 och 75/76 och ändå var det ju bara en tredjedels NET liksom.
« Senast ändrad: 14 januari, 2019, 22:35:59 av I&I »

Utloggad Hibbitt

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 1607
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 skrivet: 15 januari, 2019, 09:53:21 »
Bör väl avse denna?

Nästan ännu mer sjukt att det är 44 år sen den ägde rum.

Det verkar ju ibland som om det var ett halvsekel mellan turnéerna 66 och 75/76 och ändå var det ju bara en tredjedels NET liksom.
Absolut ännu mer sjukt. Hur perspektiven och tidsspannen helt förändras utmed tidens gång. Tiden mellan 1966-turnen och Rolling Thunder är alltså samma tid som gått sedan Bob 2010 stod vid keyboarden och bankade ut Honest With Me för att sedan kliva center stage för en Forgetful Heart.
 :huh:
...and if you hear vague traces of skippin' reels of rhyme to your tambourine in time...

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 skrivet: 08 mars, 2019, 17:28:42 »

https://www.netflix.com/se/title/80221016

Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese
2 t 22 min

Truth and myth are blurred in Martin Scorsese's film experience about Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue tour in the fall of 1975.

Utloggad Humlan

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 8068
    • Visa profil
« Svar #12 skrivet: 13 april, 2019, 18:50:33 »
Finns nu i min Netflix lista  :d4: (kollade på Stones på Kuba & LA igår Ole´ Ole´ Ole´)
±→H4n→~ https://www.instagram.com/joakim.humleback/

"But power and greed and corruptible seed Seem to be all that there is"

"Since the legalization, Monsanto has charged Brazilian farmers 2% of their sales of Roundup Ready soya beans, which now account for an estimated 85% of the nations soyabean"

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 skrivet: 25 april, 2019, 16:33:02 »
12 Juni    :party: :d5:

https://news.yahoo.com/martin-scorsese-rolling-thunder-bob-160036502.html

You don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows, but Bob Dylan fans have been waiting for some kind of reliable forecast to know when “Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese” might be rolling in. Here’s that storm alert: Netflix will be releasing the documentary June 12.

Concurrent with the streaming release, the film is being booked into awards-qualifying theatrical engagements in New York and Los Angeles. The thunder will roll into other cities as well. The night before the official release, Netflix has one-time “road show” theatrical showings set for 20 cities.

Netflix is releasing some lovely key art for the long-anticipated doc, with watercolor florals adorning a vintage B&W portrait of Dylan:

The June 11 “road show” screenings will take place in London, Paris, Washington, D.C., Nashville, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Austin, Dallas, Houston, Portland, Tulsa, Tempe, Chicago, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Bologna and Sydney — as well as in L.A. and New York, the two cities where the film will continue to play the following day and beyond.

Confirmation has also arrived about the much-rumored release of a CD box set of material from the 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue tour and rehearsals, with a 14-disc, 148-track collection due from Sony on June 7.

Netflix hasn’t released many details about the content of the film, other than the previously issued logline, which says that the film “captures the troubled spirit of America in 1975 and the joyous music that Dylan performed during the fall of that year” and describes it as “part documentary, part concert film, part fever dream.”

The existence of a forthcoming box set full of music from the ’75 tour hasn’t been too closely guarded a secret, even though it wasn’t officially announced till now: A full-page ad for the set appeared in a tour program on sale at Dylan’s recent shows in Europe. And leaks of the art design spread among diehards — leaving fans to play a variation on “How many jelly beans are in the jar?,” trying to guess exactly how many CDs might fit in that box.

Now we know not just the number of discs but the actual nature of the content. The 14-CD set will include the five complete Dylan sets that were “professionally recorded” during the 1975 outing, along with, additionally, tour rehearsals captured at S.I.R. Studios in New York, said to be “recently unearthed” and to “provide the listener with an intimate insider’s seat” for the tour prep.

As for the film, any of the participants in the tour are known to have been interviewed on camera by Dylan’s manager, Jeff Rosen, over a period stretching back more than a decade. The only cast list being released for now mentions Joan Baez (pictured above), Allen Ginsberg and Sam Shepard, who wrote a book about the experience. Rosen is credited as producer, along with Margaret Bodde. Rick Yorn and David Tedeschi are the executive producers, with Tedeschi also serving as the film’s editor.

Lest anyone think this film and audio collection leave the Rolling Thunder well dry, they leave untouched the somewhat distinct 1976 Rolling Thunder Revue, which might merit its own box set some year (if CDs survive that long), although it’s unlikely that a decade will ever be spent crafting a separate documentary about that tour.

:d2: :d4: :d6:

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post