Författare Ämne: The Bootleg Series Vol 17 - Fragments: Time Out of Mind Sessions (1996 - 1997)  (läst 3926 gånger)

Utloggad Swamprat

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 541
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Deluxen med 10 lp-skivor säljs bara genom bobdylan.com. Gick in och testade att beställa, bara för att få se totalpriset. 2820 kronor med frakt. Nej, jag kommer nog inte att slå till.
Oj. Det var trist. Blir väl nån härlig tullavgift och andra avgifter som tillkommer också, antar jag. Skickas från USA?
Cocaine improves your tennis

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 6016
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
Deluxen med 10 lp-skivor säljs bara genom bobdylan.com. Gick in och testade att beställa, bara för att få se totalpriset. 2820 kronor med frakt. Nej, jag kommer nog inte att slå till.
Oj. Det var trist. Blir väl nån härlig tullavgift och andra avgifter som tillkommer också, antar jag. Skickas från USA?

Man beställer från shoppen i EU, så förhoppningsvis slipper man sådana påslag.
"Trying is the first step towards failure."

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Swamprat

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Tack!

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 4582
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Härliga nyheter :d2:

Jag har beställt "10:an" från BD.com, kunde inte låta bli  :d4: :d1:

246 kr i frakt och 0 kr i "taxes", än så länge  :mellow:
I'm looking for a place that's going to animal my soul,
knit my return, bathe my foot, and collect my dog.
Commission me to sell my animal to the bird to clip
and buy my bath and return me back to the cigarette!

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Några rader från Steven Hyden, som skrivit liner notes  :party:

Some Thoughts On The Forthcoming "Time Out Of Mind" Box Set (And How I Ended Up Contributing To It)
This is a great entry in Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series but I have no critical distance on this one ...

Steven Hyden, Nov 17
On January 27, Columbia Records will release Fragments — Time Out Of Mind Sessions (1996-1997): The Bootleg Series Vol. 17. This deluxe five-disc set (or 10 LPs) — I’ll just quote the press release now — “unveils [the] Time Out of Mind 2022 Remix + previously unreleased recordings including studio outtakes, alternate versions and live performances (1997-2001) of songs penned by Dylan for 1998's Grammy-Winning Album of the Year.” Oh, and it includes liner notes written by … me? Yes, me! Whoa!

Most of the people who listen to Fragments will stream it. If they actually buy this thing, they probably won’t read the liner notes. And if they do read the liner notes, they won’t care who wrote them. I understand all of this. All of this does not matter to me. To say I was honored to be asked to contribute in a small way to The Bootleg Series — which I have been collecting for about 25 years now, investing many dollars and hours of my life along the way — is a massive understatement. I can declare without reservation that there is nothing I’ve done in my career that’s made me feel prouder. Some things are tied with this, but nothing tops having some of my words tucked inside of a Bob freaking Dylan album. And not just any album, either. I would have happily written notes for a deluxe box set honoring the anniversary of Christmas In The Heart. But having the opportunity to write about Time Out Of Mind — an absolutely critical landmark in my life as a Dylan head, and my life as a listener in general — was an opportunity I frankly could not believe was presented to me. I hope I did the album, and the project, the justice it deserves.

I don’t want to say too much about the box set in advance, but I will share a few things: First, as a lover of Time Out Of Mind, I think Jeff Rosen and his team did a really great job with this box set. Because, like all Dylan fans, I am greedy for as much Bob as I can get, I would have loved to have gotten more live material. (I did play the obnoxious fan card at one point and begged for a future Neverending Tour box set.) But there is always the potential for more with Bob. It’s perhaps better to appreciate what was actually delivered. On that count, I can confirm there is a lot of treasure to be found amid the outtakes.

A quick word on the new mix: I think it should be stressed that the new mix is not intended to “replace” the old Time Out Of Mind. It was clear from my conversations with his camp that this new mix is supposed to simply provide a different view of a classic record. Personally, I adore Daniel Lanois’ maximalist production of the original record. But I know not everybody likes to go with “the full Lanois,” so to speak. For those people, this mix should provide an appealing alternative that is more direct, organic, and live-sounding. In my mind it’s what Time Out Of Mind would have sounded like if it had been produced by Jack Frost.

As for the essay I wrote, I think the reason I was approached is that I am a relatively “young” Dylan fan. Now, I am a 45-year-old dude, so relatively “young” in this context really only means “not a boomer.” But I was actually young when Time Out Of Mind came out. I had just turned 20, and I had only recently become a Bob fanatic, buying up arm loads of Dylan albums from the local used CD store every time I got a new paycheck from my summer job. When Time Of Of Mind dropped, it was the first “event” Dylan record of my life. And it ended up affecting me in a big way. Not just in terms of Bob Dylan, but also for what I wanted out of other records that attempted to sift through the mud and blood of the past while peering into a foreboding future.

Anyway, I write a lot more about this in the notes. And since I want people to purchase this thing — mainly for the benefit of Mr. Rosen, who was very nice to me! — I should probably stop now. But I’ll just say again that I am really happy to be a part of this. My heart’s truly in the highlands.

Utloggad Swamprat

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Beställde också 10:an. Valet blev inte så svårt när jag såg att det skulle tas runt 1500:- för cd-boxen.

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Här kan man jämföra originalmixen av "Dirt Road Blues" med remixen från 2022  :party: :d5:

Dirt Road Blues Mixes

Utloggad Swamprat

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Nu har jag lyssnat på det där klippet hur många gånger som helst. Blir inte lite otålig på 10:an, hehe. Och ljudet. Känns som att Jack Frost varit framme och dragit ner mellanregisterreglaget och upp med bas o diskant.....precis som man själv gjorde när man körde med equalizer på 80-talet :party:

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post
Tidigare ohörd version av Not Dark Yet med delvis annan text:
https://youtu.be/eS9eTei6kAo

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Tobias

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • Last.fm
    • E-post

Här (i något nedkortat skick) som officiell "video", med ett flöde av för stämningen lämpliga stillbilder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t2su8xEDEU

-Homer Simpson

Utloggad Swamprat

• Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post
Tack! :d2:

Utloggad Jack Fate

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 491
    • Visa profil

Här (i något nedkortat skick) som officiell "video", med ett flöde av för stämningen lämpliga stillbilder:

Tack!
Jag undrar om nån känner igen introt. Första fem sekunderna? Det påminner om nån poplåt som en kvinna sjunger. Kommer inte på vilken låt! Nån som vet?
"Don't let me change my heart,
Keep me set apart
From all the plans they do pursue.
And I, I don't mind the pain
Don't mind the driving rain
I know I will sustain
'Cause I believe in you."

Utloggad Silvio

• Precious Angel
  • Antal inlägg: 518
    • Visa profil
    • http://
    • E-post
Jag tycker det låter precis som I feel a change comming on i introt

Utloggad Anders S

• Global Moderator
  • Precious Angel
    • Visa profil
    • E-post

Tack! :d2:

Här är texten, klippt från ER  :ph34r:

Well, shadows are falling and I've been here all day
Well, it's too hot to sleep, time is running away
Feel like my soul has turned into steel
I've still got the scars that the sun didn't heal
There's not even room enough to be anywhere
Lord, it's not dark yet, but it's getting there

Well, my sense of humanity has gone down the drain
Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain
Just being in the same country as her is making me blue
I got nothing left over from the love that we knew
The love that I know that I never can share

Feel like my eyes are two pieces of broken glass
Well, I’m standing in the shadows waiting for the parade to pass
Feel like the hand of fate has jabbed its finger in my eye
I’m in the land of the lost where dreams come to die
Sometime my burdens seem more than I can bear

Well, I can close my eyes, and I see her from such a long ways off
Her lips were so tender, her skin was so soft
I’ve gone too far down life’s beaten track
And I’m praying the master will guide me back
The violets are fading, and the trees are bare
Lord, it's not dark yet, but it's getting there.

Utloggad Jack Fate

• Landlord
  • Antal inlägg: 491
    • Visa profil

Tack!
Jag undrar om nån känner igen introt. Första fem sekunderna? Det påminner om nån poplåt som en kvinna sjunger. Kommer inte på vilken låt! Nån som vet?

Värkte fram det nu! Det lät mer likt i skallen än när jag lyssnar på sången. Sade - By your side https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QJmI_V3j4

edit: fixade citeringen/mod
« Senast ändrad: 12 januari, 2023, 17:38:47 av Anders S »
"Don't let me change my heart,
Keep me set apart
From all the plans they do pursue.
And I, I don't mind the pain
Don't mind the driving rain
I know I will sustain
'Cause I believe in you."